Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Everyone Has Food Noise: The Top 4 Lessons I Learned from My Book Tour


I’ve spent the last couple of weeks on the road promoting my new book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your Skinny Girl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting. I’ve met so many readers who’ve reached out and shared their own diet hang-ups. Here are my four favorite lessons from my tour.

1. Everyone has food noise
My book is all about hushing that little voice in your head that tells you that you’ve been “bad” if you ate a big piece of cheesecake. Almost everyone experiences this voice, and the concept has resonated with my readers. It will never go away completely—but you can learn to quiet it down. I still have food noise, but I’ve learned to listen to myself over that voice. You have to trust the fact that you’re allowed to eat pasta, avocado, or dessert without damaging your diet.
Take-home lesson: Tempted by dessert? Allow yourself to make a healthy, portion-controlled option, like my banana-oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment